Simple & Delicious Baby Potato Salad Recipe
Tuck into a classic homemade potato salad with our delicious baby potato salad recipe. Our baby potatoes are perfect for potato salad, with a slightly waxy texture that holds them together once cooked. Our Blas y Tir Potato Salad recipe incorporates a little twist, with the use of Honey & Mustard salad dressing as part of the mix. Why not give it a go?
- 20 minutes (+2hrs cooling time)
- Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1kg Baby Potatoes
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 2 Red Onions, diced
- 1 Handful of chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp Honey & Mustard Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the baby potatoes, boiling them in their skins until soft. Once cooked, remove from the heat and leave to cool fully – we recommend an hour or so.
- Using a chopping board, cut the cooled boiled potatoes into halves and place in a large mixing bowl.
- To the chopped potatoes, add the diced shallots, red onions and mayonnaise, mixing thoroughly. Add the honey and mustard salad dressing and chives, mixing again.
- If you need to continue to add more mayonnaise or salad dressing then please do so.
- Garnish with freshly chopped chives before serving.
If you’ve got a family get-together or are hosting a BBQ that requires various items to be made in advance then this is ideal. Make the potato salad recipe in advance and leave, covered, in the fridge until needed.