Baked Crispy Cauliflower Nuggets
Our baked crispy cauliflower nuggets are a great way to sneak a little extra veg in your diet! The delicious roasted cauliflower florets are dunked in seasoned batter with dried garlic and sriracha hot sauce before being coated in crispy breadcrumbs. Enjoy freshly out of the oven with creamy mayo and dips!
Why not get the kids involved by setting up a mini workstation for dipping and coating the cauliflower florets before they go in the oven? They’ll love getting their little fingers gooey and messy!
These baked crispy cauliflower nuggets have been created exclusively for us by food blogger The Balanced Kitchen. You can find out more about The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram and popping onto her website!
- 35 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 large Cauliflower, leaves removed
- 4 cups Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sriracha Hot Sauce (more if wanted)
- 1 tsp Dried Garlic Granules
- 1 pinch Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 2-3 cups Panko Breadcrumbs (or any breadcrumbs to hand)
- 1 cup Sesame Seeds
- Cold Water
- Begin by assembling the ingredients.
- Wash the cauliflower and break it into smaller, bite-sized florets. Leave to the side.
- Add the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds to a medium-sized bowl. Stir slightly and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the gram flour, garam masala, sriracha, dried garlic and seasoning.
- Stir the gram flour mixture in the large bowl, then gradually add a small amount of water, stirring the mixture as you add. You are looking to achieve a thick batter consistency. If you add to much water, you will need to add a bit more flour until you have a thick batter. A thin batter will not coat the cauliflower sufficiently. Set aside.
- Using your fingers, or a spoon, add one piece of cauliflower to the batter mixture and coat it all over. Remove the cauliflower from the batter mix and place the coated cauliflower in the breadcrumb mixture. Ensure the cauliflower is completely coated before removing and placing on a baking tray.
- Continue the process until all of the florets are fully coated in batter and breadcrumbs and placed on a baking tray (you may need 2 trays).
- Place the trays into the oven and bake for about 20 mins in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Remove and serve immediately!
Serve freshly cooked and still warm alongside creamy mayo, chopped chives and any additional dips!