Miso Glazed Buddha Bowl
A bowl full of delicious colours, textures and flavours, this Buddha Bowl from Simply Food By Mandy is a brilliant mid-week meal or wholesome weekend lunch. Individual components such as roasted aubergine, roasted cauliflower and pan-fried savoy cabbage mingle together to create a fantastic flavour combination in this dish, but would work brilliantly as a veggie side dish for a simple supper!
- 50 mins
- Serves: 2
- 1 Aubergine, halved lengthways
- 1/2 Savoy Cabbage, cut into 5/6 wedges with roots intact
- 1/2 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Avocado, skin removed and centre cut into halves & sliced
- 1 Chilli, sliced
- 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp flaked Almonds
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Rice noodles, or Rice
- Oil, for cooking.
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp Groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and leave to mingle.
- Score the inside of the aubergine halves in a diamante shape, just over 1cm deep, being careful not to go all the way through. Pop the halves onto a baking tray, inside flesh facing up. Smear a teaspoon of marinade on each half of the aubergine, rubbing it into the scoring and covering the flat surface. Season with a little pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Cover with foil and roast at 210°C for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the aubergine is cooking, coat the cauliflower florets in 1 teaspoon of the marinade, loosened with a little oil. Transfer onto a baking tray and season with a little salt & pepper before roasting in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil from the aubergine and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Whilst the aubergine and cauliflower florets are in the oven, pan fry the seasoned savoy cabbage in a little oil until golden and just turning soft. Add 1 tsp of the marinade to the pan, stirring and coating the cabbage. Warm the cabbage through and turn off the heat.
- Cook the noodles or rice according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the avocado.
- Remove the aubergine and cauliflower florets from the oven and allow to cool slightly before building your Buddha Bowl.
- Plate up as pictured (aubergine, cauliflower, avocado, rice noodles/rice, savoy cabbage). Add a little lime juice to any remaining marinade. Sprinkle the bowl with chilli, spring onions, sesame seeds, almonds and coriander and drizzle with the remaining marinade mixture.
- Enjoy immediately!
You can use any vegetables you may have in your fridge or cupboards to help build your Buddha Bowl. Why not try mini roasted potatoes, leeks or broccoli?