Homemade Cauliflower Rice
As popular as they ever have been, cauliflower rice and spiralized root vegetables can be found on the shelves of supermarkets throughout the UK. A healthy alternative to carbohydrate-heavy pasta or white rice, cauliflower rice is delicious as a side dish or as part of a main meal.
We teamed up with Deri Reed, the Ethical Chef, to find out how you make homemade cauliflower rice; turns out it’s simple, delicious and cheap… who’d have known!
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4 as a side, or 2 as a main
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- Splash of oil
- Salt & pepper
- Spring onions (for garnish)
- Start by taking the leaves and stems off the cauliflower, giving them a wash before chopping them up and putting to one side. Don’t be afraid to use the leaves and stems, these are delicious when chopped finely and a great addition to the flavour.
- Take the whole cauliflower and, using a cheese grater, grate it while holding the stalk until all you have left is the stalk. Grate as much of the stalk as possible until it is too tough, then discard the tough piece.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and the chopped leaves and stems, frying them until soft.
- Add the grated cauliflower and ground coriander and fry until cooked through.
- Season to taste and serve straight away.
Chop some spring onions finely and sprinkle on top of the cauliflower rice.