Cauliflower Salad with Spinach and Peanut Butter Dressing
Fresh, healthy, and ultimately comforting, our Cauliflower Salad with Spinach will give you the feel good factor with a flavour-packed punch. Enjoy a bowlful on a lazy Sunday as the winter weather does it worst outside, or prep the night before and take to work for a healthy lunch that will make all your work colleagues jealous.
Visit The Tasty Other’s website for more foodie inspiration like this delicious Cauliflower Salad with Spinach.
- 20 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 small Cauliflower head, washed and cut into small florets
- 2 medium Red Onions, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon runny Honey
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt flakes
- good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Peanut Butter Dressing
- 1/2 cup & 2 tablespoons smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Lime (zest & juice)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- approx. 4 tablespoons Water
- a few handfuls baby Spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup soft Raisins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. (160°C fan).
- Place the cauliflower florets and onion wedges in a large baking tray. Add the spices, honey, seasoning and olive oil and gently toss to coat all the vegetables. Place in the oven for about 15 mins, of until the cauliflower is tender, but not mushy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Make the peanut butter dressing by placing all the ingredients in a medium sized jar (or blender). Turn the blender on to a low setting and add the the water one teaspoon at a time, to achieve the desired consistency (bear in mind that if you let it sit for a while, it will thicken – you can always thin it out with a splash of water). Test and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Place a handful of baby spinach leaves on each plate, followed by a good amount of cauliflower florets & onion wedges. Drizzle generously with the dressing and serve the salad, topped generously with toasted hazelnuts and raisins.
Make this the night before and pop in a container in the fridge for a quick, healthy and delicious packed lunch for work!