Smooth Cauliflower Veloute
This Cauliflower Veloute is a creamy, smooth soup made with our delicious Blas y Tir leeks and served with parsley, roast garlic oil and pistachio nuts, as well as a good slice of crusty bread.
The recipe has been created exclusively for us by Vegan Food Blogger, Avant Garde Vegan, who develops inspiring and creative recipes with a whole host of delicious ingredients.
You can check out Avant Garde Vegan by visiting Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 Shallots
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Whole Blas y Tir Cauliflower
- 400ml Almond Milk
- 400ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Heat a large saucepan on the hob on a medium heat, adding a small amount of olive oil when hot.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and sweat slowly until translucent.
- Whilst the shallots and garlic are cooking, break the cauliflower into florets.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the shallots and garlic mixture and allow to cook, stirring often.
- Add the milk and the stock to the mixture, followed by the salt, pepper, thyme and lemon juice.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Once soft, blitz the mixture in a blender, or using a hand blender, until smooth.
- Serve with a flavoured herb oil and toasted nuts, croutons or cheese (no vegan option!) for texture sprinkled over the top of your delicious Cauliflower Veloute!
A roast garlic and parsley oil goes really well with this dish; Roast your garlic and then blitz with one cup of olive oil and parsley.