Simple & Quick Cheesy Garlic Potatoes Recipe
A firm favourite, this gooey and indulgent Cheesy Garlic Potatoes Recipe is super-easy to make and guarantees to get every member of the family to the dinner table, whatever the occasion! Easy, quick, low-cost and absolutely delicious, the cheesy garlic potatoes recipe is one of our favourites.
- 40 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 1kg Baby or Rudolph Potatoes
- 500ml Double Cream
- 250g Grated Mature Welsh Cheddar Cheese
- 2tsp Chopped Garlic (use a jar or pre-chopped garlic if you really want to make life easy!)
- Slice the baby potatoes in half (or Rudolph potatoes into chunks). If you’re using Rudolph potatoes you can leave the skins on or peel the potatoes, depending on your preference.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Cook the potatoes for approximately 10 minutes until par boiled.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Once part cooked, drain the potatoes using a colinder and empty into a large pyrex-style baking dish.
- Pour over the double cream and sprinkle over the chopped garlic. Using a spoon turn the potatoes, mixing the cream and garlic until every potato is covered.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the mixture, covering the mix.
- Place the dish in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the topping is golden.
- Serve immediately.
If you want to replace the garlic, try introducing chopped herbs to your cheesy garlic potatoes recipe (chives instead of garlic makes a yummy ‘cheese and chive’ version), or add mustard and use a variety of cheeses for a ‘four cheese’ version.
If you’re looking for an upgrade to this recipe, why not try our Perfect Potato Dauphinoise recipe, which incorporates similar ingredients into a centrepiece dish perfect for any occasion.