Stir Fried Savoy with Chorizo and Cranberries
Delicious all year round, this dish works especially well over the festive period, with bright cranberries and deep red chorizo to compare with the crisp, fresh savoy cabbage. A simple treat with an impressive twist, and at only 10 minutes to make, this is the ultimate mid-week meal!
- 10 mins
- Serves 2-4
- 1 Blas y Tir Savoy Cabbage
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 150g Good-quality Chorizo
- 100g fresh Cranberries
- 2 Eating apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 4 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the chorizo into 1cm chunks and add to a hot frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and cook on a medium heat until the oil begins to colour red from the chorizo.
- In the meantime, remove the leaves of the savoy cabbage, giving the leaves a quick wash under the cold tap. Remove the central ‘spine’ of the individual leaves and roughly chop the leaves vertically, creating long strips of delicious, fresh cabbage.
- Add the chopped savoy cabbage to the chorizo in the frying pan, tossing the mixture until all is incorporated.
- In a bowl mix the grated apple and wholegrain mustard, before adding the required amount to the mixture. This is optional, but adds a great flavour to the dish.
- Add the fresh cranberries to the mixture, before mixing and leaving for a further 2 minutes to cook.
- Serve immediately!
You can add any meat or vegetables into this dish that you may have left over, just swap the ingredients and make sure anything you’re cooking is piping hot before serving!