Creamy Dreamy Leek and Potato Soup
A classic leek and potato soup with
a creamy, cheesy Welsh twist.
- 40 Minutes
- Serves 6
- More Recipes
- 4 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 2 medium Blas y Tir potatoes, peeled and diced
- 50g Welsh butter
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 275ml milk
- 125g Perl Las (soft blue) cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat and add the leeks and potatoes, coating in the melted butter. Season well, cover the pan and sweat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the stock, cover and bring to a simmering point. Simmer gently for a further 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before blending in a liquidizer or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Return to the pan just before serving and pour in the milk. Heat through gently and crumble in the Perl Las before ladling into warm soup bowls.
We hope you enjoy this lovely classic recipe. Please let us know what you think!