Dairy Free Cauliflower Cheese Poppers
These dairy free cauliflower cheese poppers are not only an awesome recipe for people who can’t tolerate dairy, but also for people who don’t like cauliflower! The combination of creamy cashews and nutty tasting ground almonds, together with sweet smoked paprika and nutritional yeast work brilliantly with the cauliflower to create these moreish dairy free nibbles.
These dairy free cauliflower cheese poppers have been created exclusively for us by food blogger The Balanced Kitchen. You can find out more about The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram and popping onto her website!
- 35 mins
- Makes: 15 balls
- 1 large Cauliflower, washed, broken into florets and steamed until soft
- 1 cup Cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 mins then drained
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp sweet, smoked Paprika
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1-2 cups Sesame Seeds
- Begin by assembling the ingredients.
- Steam the cauliflower for 15 mins until soft.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, add the cashews to a bowl and cover in freshly boiled water. Leave to soak for about 15 mins.
- Next, add all of the ingredients (apart from the sesame seeds) into the food processor.
- Blitz the mixture in the food processor until a paste is formed. Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in a large bowl.
- Place the sesame seeds into a separate bowl.
- Using clean hands, take a small handful of the mixture (approximately 1 tbsp worth) and being to form a ball by rolling in your hands. Roll the ball of mixture into the sesame seeds until fully coated then place on a greased baking tray.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm alongside your favourite dips!
Pre-steaming the cauliflower before adding it to the mixture really helps to hide the flavour of the cauliflower. If, however, you enjoy the flavour of cauliflower (which we do!), you could add the raw cauliflower straight to the food processor. The cauliflower will be cooked through when the poppers are baked in the oven anyway!