Dairy Free Ice Cream with Coconut & Hidden Cauliflower!
Full of goodness, our Coconut & Hidden Cauliflower Dairy Free Ice Cream is a delicious take on a classic vanilla ice cream. It’s simple to make, delicious, and full of goodness!
- 20 mins + Freezing Time
- Serves: 8
- 1 small Cauliflower, leaves removed
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1 tin Coconut Milk, cream only
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1-2 tsp Xylitol or Stevia Sweetener (optional)
- Wash the Cauliflower, and cut into small florets. Steam the cauliflower until soft – about 15 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, place the cashews into a small bowl and cover in boiling water. Leave to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked and the cashews soaked, drain the cashews and place them both into a food processor with all the other ingredients.
- Place the lid of the processor and blitz the mix for a few minutes until very smooth and creamy. You will probably need to scrape the sides a few times to ensure it is all processed properly.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin, then smooth it out using the back of a spoon. Cover the mix with grease proof paper before leaving it in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or overnight preferably.
- When you are ready to serve, take the ‘nice-cream’ out of the freezer and leave to defrost for about 20 minutes. Scoop & serve!
Why not try crumbling chopped nuts, fresh fruit or drizzling honey over the top of your dairy free ice cream?