Extra Special Peas with Leeks
This extra special peas with leeks dish combines traditional British peas with sweet leeks and salty bacon to create a delicious side dish for any dinner table. This dish was created by food blogger and Britain’s Best Home Cook (ITV 2018) Quarter Finalist, Katie Davies.
“I love peas with my Sunday Dinner, it wouldn’t be the same without them”, explains Katie.
You can visit Katie’s Instagram page here!
- Serves: 4
- 2 slices Smoked Streaky Bacon, chopped
- Handful Sage leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Blas y Tir Leek, finely sliced
- 300g Frozen Peas
- Heat a heavy based pan over a high heat, add the bacon and fry until it starts to crisp, stir through the sage leaves.
- Once the sage starts to crisp add the leek, maple syrup and the butter, reduce the heat to medium and cook until softened.
- Add the frozen peas, season to taste, then cook until they are warmed through, serve immediately with more sage leave scattered on top.
This is a great recipe for an extra special Christmas side dish! And, if you’re looking for a way to use up those Christmas leftovers, why not try adding a little leftover stuffing or a few chopped up pigs in blankets?!