Homemade Leek & Bacon Soup
A twist on the classic Leek & Potato Soup, this Leek & Bacon Soup incorporates salty bacon into the mix, adding another level of flavour to this popular soup. Finish with a drizzle of single cream for a really decadent lunch!
This simple Leek & Bacon Soup recipe has been created exclusively for us by food blogger, home-cooking expert and Britain’s Best Home Cook Quarter Finalist (ITV) Katie Davies.
- 30 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
- 4 slices of Streaky Bacon, diced (plus extra to serve if wanted)
- 2 White Onions, chopped
- 3 Blas y Tir Leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 5 Blas y Tir Rudolph Potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1.5 litres Chicken Stock
- 100ml Single Cream (plus extra to serve)
- Knob of Butter (for frying)
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat, then add a knob of butter and cook until melted. Add the sliced bacon and onions and fry until soft.
- Add the leeks and potatoes to the mixture, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the leeks have softened, add the stock to the saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer the mixture to a food processor, or blend to a smooth soup using a stick blender.
- Once the mix is smooth, stir through the cream and season to taste.
- Serve piping hot, with a garnish of extra crisp bacon and a swirl of cream!
This recipe makes a delicious vegetarian Leek & Potato soup, simply miss out the bacon and substitute chicken stock for vegetable stock!