Leek & Cauliflower Soup
For a simple soup that uses some of those cupboard leftovers, but still tastes amazing and is a nutritious meal, look no further than our Leek & Cauliflower Soup created by Vegan Food Blogger ‘The Balanced Kitchen’.
For more food inspiration, like this delicious Leek & Cauliflower Soup, check out more from The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram page!
- 30 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Blas y Tir Cauliflower, washed & chopped
- 1 Blas y Tir Leek, washed & chopped
- 1 Celery stick, washed & chopped
- 2 Shallots, skins removed & chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped finely
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Coconut cream (optional)
- 1 handful of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 handful fresh Chives, chopped
- Place the shallots, onion, celery and leek in a frying pan over a low heat with a little rapeseed oil.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and saute on a low heat for 6 minutes. Make sure to toss the pan gently to ensure the ingredients do not stick to the bottom.
- Add the vegetable stock and cauliflower and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the seasoning and fresh thyme and blend using a hand blender while ingredients are still in the pan.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling each portion with chopped chives for garnish and extra flavour.
Yummy on its own, this soup really takes on a whole other level when served with a slice of thick, crusty bread which is dipped in garlic infused olive oil, delicious!