Leek, Potato and Garlic Soup
For a simple soup that uses some of those cupboard leftovers, but still tastes amazing and is a nutritious meal, look no further than our Leek, Potato and Garlic Soup created by Vegan Food Blogger ‘The Balanced Kitchen’.
For more food inspiration, like this delicious Leek, Potato and Garlic soup, check out more from The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram page!
- 30 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 bulb pre roasted Garlic
- 2 Blas y Tir Leeks, ends removed
- 200g any Blas y Tir Potatoes
- 500mls Vegetable Stock
- 3 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Rapeseed oil
- Place the oil, onions and leeks in a pan, with a lid and heat gently for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the potatoes, stock, rosemary and seasoning to the pan, replace the lid and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down low and simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the garlic and, using a hand blender, blend all the ingredients together until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Stir through a little cashew milk and top with extra rosemary sprigs and black pepper. Try accompanying this dish with a thick slice of crusty bread and butter.