Leek & Potato Vegan Soup
This delicious Leek & Potato Vegan Soup was created especially for us by food blogger Avant Garde Vegan. Perfect for a warming lunch or dinner on a busy work day or as a relaxed family weekend lunch, this vegan soup is simple to make and delicious every time.
- 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 2 Blas y Tir Leeks, washed and cut evenly (keep the finely chopped green bits aside).
- 3 Blas y Tir Rudolph Potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1 pint Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Lemon juice to season
- Walnuts to serve
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a pan an add the shallots and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add the white parts of the leek to the shallot mix, followed by the chunks of potato and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable stock to the mixture, followed by a pinch of salt & pepper. Cook the mixture until the potatoes are soft (approx. 15 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the finely chopped green pieces of leek and mix. Using a hand blender or transferring the mixture to a blender, blitz the mixture. Make sure to cover the top before blending so as not to get leek & potato soup everywhere!
- Top with a handful of walnuts for a little texture, a pinch of good quality sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil or lemon juice if wanted.
You could also top with a handful of pumpkin seeds, macadamia nuts, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a little fresh parsley! Serve with a good wedge of fresh bread and enjoy with friends or family.