Leftover Mashed Potato Pizza with Ham and Broccoli
A great way to use up leftover mashed potato, our tasty pizza’s suit the whole family and are even gluten free! We’ve incorporated your leftover mashed potato into the pizza dough for a rustic and crusty base to be topped with any flavours of your chosen. This ham and broccoli version also includes a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce before serving… yummy!
- 40 minutes
- Makes: 1 Pizza
- 400g Leftover mashed potatoes, or 400g large Blas y Tir Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled.
- 175g Gluten Free Flour
- 1tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- 150ml Milk
For the Topping:
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 150 Broccoli Florets
- 75g Parma Ham
- 50g Welsh Cheddar Cheese, grated.
- If you’re using fresh mashed potatoes, cut the peeled potatoes into even sized pieces and leave to boil for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and allow to cool before mashing.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, add the broccoli florets and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until ‘al dente’.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the potato and herbs, stirring to combine. Add the milk to the dry mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly to form into a smooth ball of dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 225°C/Gas Mark 7. Place the dough onto a greased baking sheet, pressing the mix evenly to create a round base, a bit thicker than a £1 coin. Put the base into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza base and lower the temperature of the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the tomato puree over the base and add the broccoli florets, Parma Ham and grated cheese to the top of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp.
- Serve immediately, drizzling with sweet chilli sauce if desired.
Top the pizza bases with whatever toppings take your fancy. We’ve even got versions topped with potatoes… see our recipes page for more inspiration!