Gooey Mozzarella and Leftover Roast Potatoes Pizza
A great way to use up leftover mashed potato, our tasty pizza’s suit the whole family and are even gluten free! This gooey Mozzarella and Roast Potato Pizza even uses leftover roast potatoes as a topping… should you have any of those!
We’ve incorporated your leftover mashed potato into the pizza dough for a rustic and crusty base to be topped with any flavours of your choosing.
- 40 minutes
- Makes: 1 Pizza
- 400g Leftover mashed potatoes, or 400g large Blas y Tir Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled.
- 175g Gluten Free Flour
- 1tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Dried Herbs
- 150ml Milk
For the Topping:
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 125g Mozzarella, sliced
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- Handful of leftover Roast Potatoes
- Fresh Basil to serve
- If you’re using fresh mashed potatoes, cut the peeled potatoes into even sized pieces and leave to boil for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and allow to cool before mashing.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, add the broccoli florets and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until ‘al dente’.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the potato and herbs, stirring to combine. Add the milk to the dry mix to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly to form into a smooth ball of dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 225°C/Gas Mark 7. Place the dough onto a greased baking sheet, pressing the mix evenly to create a round base, a bit thicker than a £1 coin. Put the base into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pizza base and lower the temperature of the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Spread the tomato puree over the base and add the cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, leftover roast potatoes and sliced mozzarella to the top of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp.
- Sprinkle over the fresh basil leaves before serving immediately.
Check out our ‘Ultimate Roast Potatoes’ recipe for the best roast potatoes… whether as part of a Sunday Dinner or on top of a pizza!