One Pot Chicken with Savoy Cabbage
A one-pot dinner is always a winner in a busy household. The simplicity of chucking everything in a pot and leaving it to cook whilst you get on with life is one of the best things about our one pot chicken with savoy cabbge… that and its deliciously classic chicken casserole flavours and healthy veggie fillings are just a bonus.
- 1 hr 40 mins
- Serves: 4
- 1 medium Chicken
- 1 tin Cannellini Beans, drained
- 3/4 of a Savoy Cabbage, shredded
- 145g Pancetta, diced
- 2 small Onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 glass White Wine
- 2 glasses of Water
- Handful of Parsley, to serve
- You will also need 1 large, heavy based casserole dish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Start by sautéing the pancetta in a dry pan (no oil needed).
- Once the pancetta has started to cook, add the onions and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the water, followed by the chicken. Season and roast for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- After 1 hour and 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the pot and place on a plate. Add the savoy cabbage and beans to the pot and stir. Place the chicken back on top of the mixture in the pot and pop the whole thing back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and sprinkle the whole mix with fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve immediately.
Once cooled, leftovers can be stored in the fridge for use within 3 days. Take any leftover chicken off the bone and add to a pan with the cooked vegetables, a little additional water and vegetable stock. Cook through until the chicken is piping hot and enjoy as a warming lunch of chunky chicken & vegetable broth with a crusty roll and a chunk of cheese!