Potato & Leek Soup with Chives
Whether you’re exploring in the fresh air on a weekend, or in need of a nourishing and comforting meal at work during the week, this Potato & Leek Soup with Chives will see your right. Serve with fresh, crusty bread to soak up all the yummy juices and you’ve got a winner!
This recipe has been created exclusively for Blas y Tir by food blogger, The Balanced Kitchen. For more food inspiration, like this delicious Potato & Leek Soup with Chives, check out more from The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram page!
- 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 large Blas y Tir leek, chopped
- 3 cups of diced Blas y Tir white potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 600ml boiled water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 handful of fresh, chopped chives
- Salt & pepper to season
- Place the diced onion and leek in a pan with a splash of water. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining water and crumble in the vegetable stock cube. Add the potatoes and thyme and simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes have softened (the smaller you cut up the potatoes, the faster they will cook).
- Remove from the heat and season
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives before serving.
Throughout Wales you’ll find delicious homemade soups like this served with some fresh, crusty bread, a knob of good-quality Welsh butter and a chunk of tasty Welsh cheese… a match made in heaven.