Prawn, Leek & Potato Frittata
A Potato Frittata is a great way of using up any ingredients you’ve got lurking about in your kitchen fridge. With a couple of eggs, a handful of leftover vegetables and a little cheese a healthy brunch or simple evening meal can easily be created. This simple Prawn, Leek & Potato Frittata uses a handful of frozen prawns and our delicious Blas y Tir leeks as main flavour ingredients, but you can really just use whatever’s to hand!
- 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 8 Eggs, cracked
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 3 Baby Potatoes, cooked & sliced
- 12 King Prawns, raw & prepped
- 2 tbsp Goats Cheese, crumbled
- Dried Herbs (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- Olive Oil, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, add a small drizzle of olive oil and add the chopped leeks. Cook the leeks until soft.
- Add the prawns and potatoes to the pan with the leeks.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and stir as if you were making an omelette.
- Dot the crumbled cheese over the mixture and transfer to the oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the top of the frittata is golden, remove the pan from the oven, using oven gloves to handle the pan.Serve immediately, alongside a mixed salad.
Why not try adding even more vegetables to this mixture? Use up any leftover vegetables you may have from a previous meal to create different flavour combinations!
Why not try taking this for lunch instead of sandwiches? Enjoy cold with a pickle of your choice for a change to your usual lunch choice!