Rudolph Potato & Leek Gratin with Rolled Dover Sole
This Potato & Leek Gratin with Rolled Dover Sole comes to us courtesy of The Griffin Inn, an award-winning bar and restaurant in Dale, Pembrokeshire. Specialising in seafood and local produce, The Griffin Inn uses simple cooking methods and seasoning to create delicious homemade dishes, winning accolades such as the ‘Best Seafood Establishment’ in the 2016 Food Awards Wales.
This delicious recipe is a great main course for any dinner menu, a meal to impress any guest at the dinner table or a refreshing weekday dinner.
You can find our more about The Griffin Inn by visiting their website here!
- 50 minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 Dover Sole 400-450g, filleted
- 4 medium-sized Rudolph Potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 Leek washed, halved & chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, diced
- 1tub of sour cream
- 40g Cambozola (Blue Cheese)
- Sprinkle of smoked Paprika
- Sea salt & craked pepper to taste
- Samphire to garnish
- Butter for frying and greasing
- Boil the potato slices on a high heat for 5mins then transfer immediately to a tub of cold water, plunging the potato slices below the surface of the water.
- Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and add the diced garlic and leeks and cook until soft. Once cooked, remove the garlic and leek mix from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the Cambozola cheese to the slightly cooled garlic and leek mix, stirring as it is added. Then add the sour cream, seasoning and smoked paprika until incorporated.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Take a small ramekin and grease with butter before laying a potato slice in the bottom. Add the leek mixture and then top with a potato slice. Continue alternating between potato slices and the leek mixture until the ramekin is full. This can then be placed in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Whilst the potato gratin is cooking, roll the Dover Sole fillets and use a cocktail stick to hold them together.
- Place a knob of lemon butter on top of the rolled fillets (this can be made by simply mixing a squeeze of lemon into some butter) and place either in a steaming oven, a foil bag or and cook for 6-7 mins.
- Remove the Potato & Leek Gratin from the ramekin, placing it in the middle of the plate. Lay a little samphire on top and then position the rolled Dover Sole fillet on top.
Serve with a simple slice of lemon and enjoy immediately.