Rudolph Skins with Bacon and Savoy
Crispy skins full of creamy mash with salty bacon bits and sweet savoy cabbage.
- 4 cooked Blas y Tir Rudolph jacket potatoes
- 3 large leaves of Blas y Tir Savoy cabbage (centre vein cut out)
- 100g grated cheese
- 4 slices of bacon (diced)
- 30 ml double cream / 30 ml butter
- Fry bacon on medium heat until brown and crispy.
- Add chopped Savoy cabbage, mix through and take off heat and allow to cool.
- Add pepper if desired.
- Cut jacket potatoes in half (lengthways) and scoop out the inside of the potato into a bowl without damaging the skin.
- Add cooled mix of cabbage and bacon into bowl and mix, add cream or butter and check seasoning (may not need salt because of bacon).
- Spoon mix into jacket skins (heaped), grate cheese onto skins
and put into a hot oven for 15 mins at 180°C.