Rudolph Bombay Potatoes
West meets East in this spicy, savoury, crispy and crunchy delicious eastern treat.
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 pinches of chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 300g Blas y Tir potatoes boiled in their skin and quartered (cut smaller if potatoes are large)
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- To check that the oil is hot enough, sprinkle in a few mustard seeds, if they pop the oil is ready. Then add the remainder of the mustard seeds.
- Add the chilli and turmeric powders to the sizzling seeds, and salt to taste.
- Fry this mixture of oil and spices for 1 minute then add the potatoes. Fry for about 4 minutes until the potatoes are smothered in seeds and appear to have crispy edges. They will look quite yellow in colour. Cover the pan and on a low heat, cook the potatoes for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.