Salmon, Leek & Asparagus Filo Pie
This deliciously light Salmon, Leek & Asparagus Filo Pie is so easy to make and a real sign of summer. Fresh salmon, wonderful Welsh leeks and British asparagus make the perfect balanced meal for the whole family to enjoy. What’s more, it’s all cooked in one pan, saving on the washing up! Enjoy!
- 20 mins
- Serves: 4
- 7-8 sheets of Filo Pastry
- 500g fresh Salmon, cut into 4cm chunks
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 5 Asparagus spears, cut into 3
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 200ml Creme Fraiche
- Juice 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Dill, chopped
- Glug of Olive Oil
- Large frying pan that can go into the oven
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Into the frying pan add a small glug of olive oil followed by the chopped onions. Saute the onions until soft.
- Once the onions are softened, add the leeks to the pan and cook on a low heat until soft.
- Add the asparagus and the creme fraiche to the mixture, warming through. Add the lemon juice and sprinkle with dill, then stir thoroughly.
- Carefully add the salmon pieces to the pan, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Gently simmer the mix for 3-4 minutes before removing from the heat. The salmon won’t be completely cooked at this stage.
- Whilst the mixture is still hot, scrunch each half of the filo pastry and top the salmon mixture. Continue until the pie is covered. Spray or brush the pastry lightly with olive oil.
- Place the pan into the oven for 10 minutes until the filo pastry is golden and the salmon cooked through.
Serve your summery Salmon, Leek and Asparagus Filo Pie alongside a zingy seasonal salad, with a selection of al dente seasonal vegetables or alongside a serving of herby cauliflower rice!