Sausage and Vegetable Gnocchi Traybake
This ridiculously simple mid-week meal is perfect for a busy household. Cooked in one pan, our Sausage and Vegetable Gnocchi Traybake covers every food group, and even contains 4 of your 5 a day! What’s more it’s full of flavour on a budget, coming in at only £2 per person (approx.)!
- 45 mins
- Serves: 4
- 8 Sausages (we really like Edwards of Conwy Pork & Leek Sausages!)
- 1 Red Onion, sliced into 10 wedges
- 2 Leeks, sliced
- 150g Cauliflower Florets
- 450g Fresh Gnocchi
- 5 Garlic Cloves, whole with the skin on
- 10-15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Add the sausages, leeks, cauliflower, onion, garlic and fennel seeds to a large roasting tray. Drizzle the mix with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season generously. Roast for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the roasting tray from the oven and add the gnocchi and the tomatoes, mixing well to coat the gnocchi with the roasting vegetable juices. Season to taste, and pop the mix back into the oven for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully removing the roasting tin and serve immediately, sprinkled with a good handful of fresh basil. Enjoy!
Got leftovers? Pop them into an air-tight container and place in the fridge. Simply re-heat thoroughly to enjoy your second round of Sausage and Vegetable Gnocchi Traybake!