Simple Cauliflower Steaks
Cauliflower Steaks are a great vegetarian option for a quick, simple yet tasty meal. This simple recipe for Cauliflower Steaks has been created exclusively for us by food blogger, home-cooking expert and Britain’s Best Home Cook Quarter Finalist (ITV) Katie Davies.
Easy, tasty, nutritious and wholesome these Cauliflower Steaks will feed the whole family on a budget and guarantee to be delicious to boot!
- 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 large Blas y Tir Cauliflower head, leaves removed.
- Rapeseed Oil
- 1 knob of Butter
- Ground Cumin
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Prepare the cauliflower by cutting it into steaks. Trim the stem end of the cauliflower slightly, but only by 1inch to remove the rough part. Place the cauliflower on it’s newly trimmed flat base on a non-slip chopping board. With a large, sharp knife, cut the cauliflower in half length-ways. Now cut each half of the cauliflower into 3-4inch steaks, trimming the excess florets off the end (you can fry these as well and enjoy as a snack or added to a salad later!).
- Heat a drizzle of the rapeseed oil and a knob of butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a couple of sprigs of rosemary and thyme to oil and butter before placing two cauliflower steaks into the pan (you can add some of the smaller pieces at this point if there is room as well).
- Season the cauliflower with a pinch of salt & pepper, a sprinkle of cumin and a sprinkle of paprika. Leave the cauliflower to cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown on one side before turning.
- Turn over the cauliflower so that the golden side is facing upwards. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika again. Leave for a further 6-8 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked.
- Serve immediately.
We recommend serving with a delicious homemade salsa, pesto or garlic aioli. You can even sprinkle a handful of roughly chopped walnuts on top to add another texture and flavour!