Sliced Rudolph Potato Gallette with Spring Onion and Thyme
A beautiful addition to any dinner table. Ideal with fish, meat or salad and dressing.
- 1.5 kg of Blas y Tir Rudolph potatoes
- 100g melted butter
- 100ml stock
- 1 Bunch Blas y Tir spring onions (chopped)
- ½ bunch of thyme (picked and chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter a 6inch/15cm baking dish (ideally round) and line with grease proof paper. Butter again and set aside in fridge.
- Prepare all ingredients ready and then slice all potatoes thinly.
- Place slices of potatoes into layers in a rosette shape around the bottom of the basin (do this twice).
- Then on each continuing layer add spring onions, thyme and seasoning with a splash of butter.
- Continue until basin is full with sliced potato and then pour on stock, cover basin with foil and bake for 1 and a half hours at 160°C.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins and turn out onto serving dish.