Thai Green Chicken & Potato Curry
Our fragrant Thai Green Chicken & Potato Curry is made with chicken thighs, waxy baby potatoes and a delicious homemade curry paste. Whilst the homemade paste is well worth making and absolutely amazing, it’s may be a little daunting. That being said, two tablespoons of shop bought paste, along with 4 garlic cloves and 2 teaspoons of grated ginger will do the trick!
- 1 hr 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- 800g boneless Chicken Thighs, cut into 3
- 4 Banana Shallots (or 2 Onions), finely chopped
- 100g small Baby Potatoes
- 200g Green Beans
- 1 can Coconut Cream (or Milk)
- Coriander & Lime (to serve)
Thai Green Curry Paste
- 4 Green Thai Chilli’s
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of Ginger, peeled
- 2 blades Lemongrass (keep one whole)
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 3 Shallots
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar (or Honey)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Blitz the curry paste ingredients in a bullet or processor, reserving one of the lemongrass blades.
- Into the frying pan add the chopped onions with a small glug of olive oil, and saute until soft.
- Season the chicken and add to the pan, then add the paste and stir well.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring on occasion.
- Add the coconut cream and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cut the reserved piece of lemongrass length ways in half and add to the sauce.
- Gently add the potatoes before stirring the mixture and simmering on a low heat for 1 hr 15 mins – 1 hr 30 mins.
- Turn off the heat and scatter with coriander and a squeeze of lime before serving with steamed jasmine rice.
We’ve used chicken thighs in this recipe, but you could easily replace with chicken breast if you prefer. Simply cut the chicken breasts into 4 and reduce the cooking time to 25 minutes.