Thai Salmon Traybake with Leeks & Spring Onions
A healthy mid-week meal, our Thai Salmon Traybake with Leeks, Asparagus and Spring Onions is ideal for a busy household. The Thai marinade brings a real heat and zing to this salmon traybake, which is packed full of veggies, low in calories and low in fat! Serve alongside jasmine rice, rice noodles or even a serving of herby cauliflower rice (check out our recipe HERE) if you’re looking for a carb-free alternative!
- 35 mins
- Serves: 4
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 2 Leeks, sliced into large chunks
- 8 Asparagus Spears, washed & halved
For the Marinade:
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 blade of Lemongrass, finely chopped (outer tough leaves removed)
- 3 Kaffir Lime Leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 210°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To a large roasting tray, add the chopped leeks and pour over 2/3 of the marinade. The rest of the marinade will be used to marinade the salmon whilst the leeks cook. Place the roasting tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whilst the leeks are cooking, place the salmon into the large bowl with the remaining marinade & mix so that the salmon fillets are covered in the marinade. Leave to one side.
- After 20 mins, remove the leeks from the oven and add the chopped asparagus and marinaded salmon fillets to the roasting tray. Pour over any remaining marinade. Season with salt and pepper and roast for a further 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the salmon traybake from the oven and plate up immediately. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander to serve.
If you’re not a fan of Salmon, try replacing with other white fish such as Pollock, Cod or Haddock!