The Best Roast Potatoes with Goose Fat and Rosemary
We all agree that roast potatoes have to be one of the best things about any roast dinner, and with our ultimate roast potato recipe you are sure to impress any guests. Crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside, these indulgent roasties are the best roast potatoes you’ve been waiting for…
- 1hr 15 mins
- Serves 4-6
- 1kg Blas y Tir Maris Piper potatoes
- 100g Goose fat
- 4 large sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- Halen Mon Anglesea Sea Salt
- Heat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
- Peel the Maris Piper potatoes and cut into reasonable chunks (we recommend 3 or 4 roast potatoes out of each potato depending on size).
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan and add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Once the pan reaches a fast boil, turn the heat down to a medium temperature and leave the potatoes to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, add goose fat to a large baking tray and put into the pre-heated oven to heat through.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander and shake well once drained to fluff the edges.
- Remove the baking tray with the hot fat from the oven carefully and add the fluffy potatoes, rolling them in the fat using a spoon.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with your desired amount of sea salt flakes and add the sprigs of rosemary chopped or whole to the tray (you’ll get more flavour with chopped).
- Put the roasties in the oven for 15 minutes, before checking and turning the roasties over. Roast for a further 15 minutes before turning again, followed by a final 15 minutes. Repeat until the roasties are golden brown on the outside and crispy.
- Serve immediately!
Using Maris Piper potatoes ensure your roasties are perfect, the variety is ideal for roasting and will create delicious roast potatoes every time!