Tofu Wraps with Spring Onions
If you’re on the look out for any easy but delicious vegan lunch then these Tofu Wraps are for you. Full of goodness and perfect for on-the-go, tuck in and carry on with that busy life of your’s surrounded by flavour.
This recipe has been created exclusively for Blas y Tir by food blogger, The Balanced Kitchen. For more food inspiration, like these delicious Tofu Wraps, check out more from The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram page!
- 5 minutes
- Serves 2
- Scrambled tofu (method below)
- 2 Blas y Tir spring onions
- 1tsp turmeric
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Sliced avocado
- A handful of fresh chives, chopped
- Wholewheat tortilla wraps
- For the Tofu: Firstly, squeeze out the excess water from the tofu, then break up the tofu with your fingers into a lightly oiled pan.
- Add the turmeric, diced spring onion and a good amount of ground black pepper. Fry for a minute or two to heat through.
- Pop the wraps into the microwave for 20 seconds, just to warm and loosen (it makes the wraps easier to fold).
- Begin assembling the wraps by adding some freshly sliced avocado, followed by the tofu and finally a generous sprinkle of freshly chopped chives.
- To fold the wraps, simply fold from the bottom to half way, then fold in from the right, then the left, creating a ‘pocket’.
You can add whatever you may have in the cupboard to make these even more tasty. Mushrooms and chopped tomatoes work particularly well, and you can add lettuce if you want texture – have fun and enjoy!