Miso Glazed Vegan Buddha Bowl
A bowl full of delicious colours, textures and flavours, this Vegan Buddha Bowl from Simply Food By Mandy is a brilliant mid-week meal or wholesome weekend lunch. Individual components such as roasted aubergine, roasted cauliflower and pan-fried savoy cabbage mingle together to create a fantastic flavour combination in this dish, but would work brilliantly as a veggie side dish for a simple supper!
- 50 mins
- Serves: 2
- 1 Aubergine, halved lengthways
- 1/2 Savoy Cabbage, cut into 5/6 wedges with roots intact
- 1/2 Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Avocado, skin removed and centre cut into halves & sliced
- 1 Chilli, sliced
- 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp flaked Almonds
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Rice noodles, or Rice
- Oil, for cooking.
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp Miso paste
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1-2 tbsp Groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and leave to mingle.
- Score the inside of the aubergine halves in a diamante shape, just over 1cm deep, being careful not to go all the way through. Pop the halves onto a baking tray, inside flesh facing up. Smear a teaspoon of marinade on each half of the aubergine, rubbing it into the scoring and covering the flat surface. Season with a little pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Cover with foil and roast at 210°C for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the aubergine is cooking, coat the cauliflower florets in 1 teaspoon of the marinade, loosened with a little oil. Transfer onto a baking tray and season with a little salt & pepper before roasting in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil from the aubergine and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Whilst the aubergine and cauliflower florets are in the oven, pan fry the seasoned savoy cabbage in a little oil until golden and just turning soft. Add 1 tsp of the marinade to the pan, stirring and coating the cabbage. Warm the cabbage through and turn off the heat.
- Cook the noodles or rice according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the avocado.
- Remove the aubergine and cauliflower florets from the oven and allow to cool slightly before building your Vegan Buddha Bowl.
- Plate up as pictured (aubergine, cauliflower, avocado, rice noodles/rice, savoy cabbage). Add a little lime juice to any remaining marinade. Sprinkle the bowl with chilli, spring onions, sesame seeds, almonds and coriander and drizzle with the remaining marinade mixture.
- Enjoy immediately!
You can use any vegetables you may have in your fridge or cupboards to help build your Vegan Buddha Bowl. Why not try mini roasted potatoes, leeks or broccoli?