Welsh Lamb Chop & Potato Traybake
This wonderfully simple Welsh Lamb Chop & Potato Traybake uses lamb chops, which provide a delicious traditional flavour to the mix of nutritious veggies. Perfect for a mid-week meal, this dish is a great way to enjoy lamb, which is often a meat over-looked during weekly cooking. This potato traybake recipe is not only easy as pie but cooks the lamb to perfection, allowing the whole family to enjoy delicious Welsh Lamb any day of the week!
This dish was made exclusively for us by food blogger Simply Food by Mandy. You can find out more about Simply Food By Mandy by visiting her Instagram, Facebook or Twitter pages and by popping onto her website!
- 15 mins prep + 5 hours cooking
- Serves: 6
- 8 Welsh Lamb Chops
- 500g Blas y Tir Baby Potatoes, halved
- 3 Peppers, cut into chunks
- 5 cloves Garlic, whole
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 4 sprigs Rosemary, fresh
- Olive Oil, for cooking
- 3 tbsp Capers
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Start by mixing the marinade ingredients together. In a small bowl, add; 3 tbsp capers, zest of 1 lemon, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp honey. Stir and leave to one side.
- Place the potatoes in a large roasting tin and season with a little olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the chopped peppers, lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary to the roasting potatoes. Add the lamb chops on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle the marinade all over the mixture and season generously. Return the roasting tin to the oven and roast for a further 30 minutes until the lamb is cooked and the potatoes are golden.
- Enjoy straight away!
Serve alongside a zingy side salad, or a helping of freshly cooking seasonal greens and a squeeze of lemon!