Whole Roasted Cauliflower
What could be more simple that popping a whole cauliflower in the oven and roasting it for a delicious and impressive centrepiece? Whether it is the star of your Sunday Roast, or plays a supporting role on the dinner table, this recipe is well worth trying.
This version is vegan, but you can add ingredients if you want to – make it your own and have fun!
This recipe has been created exclusively for Blas y Tir by food blogger, The Balanced Kitchen. For more food inspiration, like this delicious Whole Roasted Cauliflower, check out more from The Balanced Kitchen by visiting her Instagram page!
- Serves 4
- 1 Blas y Tir whole cauliflower, leaves removed and cauliflower washed
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 level tbsp ground tuneric root
- 1 level tbsp ground cinnamon
- Steam the cauliflower whole for 15 minutes in a steamer or slow cooker.
- Place the cauliflower whole into a casserole dish, uncovered and pour over the melted coconut oil. Rub in the cinnamon and turmeric until fully covered.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 180°.
Pre-steaming the cauliflower dramatically reduces the baking time in the oven, saving both time and energy. Make sure you’re roasted other vegetables or additional food in the oven whilst your roasted cauliflower is in to make the most of the fuel!